Candles have been used for centuries to create ambiance, set mood, and even for religious purposes. However, the use of candles comes with its own set of challenges, especially when it comes to extinguishing them. The traditional way of blowing out candles may seem easy, but it can cause the wax to splash and create a mess. That’s where a candle snuffer comes in – it’s a simple tool that can help you extend the life of your candles while keeping your surroundings safe. In this article, we’ll take you through the steps on how to use a candle snuffer like a pro.
Section 1: What is a Candle Snuffer?
A candle snuffer is a tool that is designed to extinguish candles without blowing them out. It is made up of a metal disc that is attached to a long handle, which allows you to reach and snuff out the flame without getting too close to the candle. The metal disc works by depriving the flame of oxygen, which in turn extinguishes it.
Section 2: Why Use a Candle Snuffer?
Using a candle snuffer has several benefits. Firstly, it can help extend the life of your candles by preventing wax from splashing and creating a mess when you blow them out. Secondly, it is a safer way to extinguish candles as it reduces the risk of accidental fires caused by hot wax or sparks. Thirdly, using a candle snuffer can help preserve the wick and prevent it from becoming misshapen or damaged.
Section 3: How to Use a Candle Snuffer
To use a candle snuffer, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Make sure the area around the candle is free of flammable materials. This includes any loose fabric, papers, or decorations that may be close to the candle.
- Step 2: Hold the candle snuffer by the handle and position the metal disc directly over the flame.
- Step 3: Wait for the flame to be extinguished. This may take a few seconds, depending on the size of the candle and the strength of the flame.
- Step 4: If necessary, gently blow on the snuffer to help extinguish the flame.
- Step 5: Once the flame is out, remove the candle snuffer from the candle and place it somewhere safe. Do not leave it within reach of children or pets.
Section 4: Tips and Tricks for Using a Candle Snuffer
- To prevent hot wax from splashing, hold the candle snuffer above the flame for a few seconds before placing it directly over the flame.
- If you are using a candle snuffer with a wide metal disc, move it around the edge of the candle to ensure that all parts of the flame are extinguished.
- If you have multiple candles to extinguish, wipe the metal disc of the candle snuffer with a cloth between each use to prevent any wax buildup.
- If you have a candle with a particularly stubborn flame, try snuffing it out with a glass or jar. Simply place the glass or jar over the flame and wait for it to extinguish.
Using a candle snuffer is an easy and safe way to extend the life of your candles while keeping your surroundings free from any potential hazards. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you’ll be able to use a candle snuffer like a pro and enjoy your candles to the fullest.