The gentle crackle and unique flicker of wood wick candles make for a super cozy ambiance. Wooden wicks burn a bit differently than traditional cotton wicks do They can be a little tricky to burn if you’re not used to them. Do you want to make your woodwick candle burn better? Our candle wick trimmer will help you effectively, Today let us see that how to cut the wick on the woodwick candles.
Why do we need to trimmer the wick?
1) The wood wick candles are made with natural wood, every single piece is different which could cause your candle to burn a multitude of different ways. When the wick is too long, it will not pull up the wax to keep it burning.
2) People tend to think that a longer wick will give a bigger flame. Makes sense right? This is not the case. When a wooden wick is left too long, the wax will not be able to capillary up the wick to sustain a flame, and will either produce a very low flame or in some cases will even self-extinguish
How to cut the wick on the woodwick candles?
1) Wood wick candles are tricky to light. Make sure to light the entire edge of the wick. You might need to do this by lighting both corners, one at a time. It can take a while
2) Make sure to continuously trim the wick before lighting the candle each time after the first burn,It is very important to trim the wicks to between 1/8” – 3/16”.
3) If the flame is too high, carefully extinguish the candle, allow the wick and wax to cool, and trim the wick to 1/4 inch by gently breaking off the burned edges of the wick with a cloth or paper napkin.
Candle wick trimmer introduction:
- Material: Stainless steel
- Surface treatment: Beautiful Polished/Electroplate
- Color: Silver/Matt Black/Rose Gold/Gold/Retro Bronze colors are available
- Size: 18 cm
- 1) The candle wick trimmer is made of high-quality stainless steel, which is durable and rust-resistant.
- 2) The surface of the trimmer is polished or electroplated, which gives it a beautiful appearance and a comfortable feel.
- 3) The trimmer is 18 cm long and 6 cm wide, making it easy to handle and use.
- 4) The trimmer is available in a variety of colors, including silver, matt black, rose gold, gold, and return bronze, so you can choose the one that best matches your decor.
- 5) The trimmer is designed to cut the wick of your woodwick candle to the perfect length, ensuring a clean, even burn every time.
How to use the candle wick trimmer:
- 1) Before lighting your woodwick candle, use the trimmer to cut the wick to between 1/8″ and 3/16″.
- 2) Place the trimmer over the wick, making sure that the blades are positioned above the wax.
- 3) Gently squeeze the trimmer handles together to cut the wick.
- 4) Dispose of the trimmed wick before lighting the candle.
Tips for using the candle wick trimmer:
- 1) Always trim the wick before lighting the candle, and after each subsequent burn.
- 2) Avoid cutting the wick too short, as this can cause the flame to fizzle out.
- 3) Use a cloth or paper napkin to gently break off any burnt edges of the wick, rather than cutting them with the trimmer.
- 4) Keep the trimmer clean and dry between uses to prevent rust.